Monday, March 16, 2009

Twitter

Twitter--what a damn neat idea.

Text messages from your phone get piped to your blog, making a quick update no more difficult than finding mobile phone coverage (which isn't too tough in Malawi; a benefit to post-colonial politics that carved out a narrow, land-locked North-South strip and said "Malawi!"). 

I've joined as of today for two reasons: one, phone coverage is a lot more readily available than internet access (especially when rural); and two, part of the fun of Malawi are the run-ins with the odd-reality of life much different from back home in Canada.

So, I'm going to aim for texting one message a day, to have my blog a bit more topical, a bit more tropical. Maybe I'm over-confident that one interesting thing happens to me each day. Or maybe Twitter was just too good an idea to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment